Setting Up WizBot on OSX (macOS)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or higher (needed for .NET Core 2.x).
- Homebrew. Install it with
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"or update it with
- Text Editor (TextWrangler, or equivalent) or outside editor such as Atom.
- Create Discord Bot application and Invite the bot to your server.
Installing dependencies with Homebrew
brew install wget brew install git brew install ffmpeg brew update && brew upgrade ffmpeg brew install openssl brew install opus brew install opus-tools brew install opusfile brew install libffi brew install libsodium brew install tmux brew install python brew install youtube-dl brew install redis brew services start redis
Installing .NET Core SDK
ln -s /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib /usr/local/lib/
ln -s /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib /usr/local/lib/
- Download the .NET Core SDK
- Open the
.pkgfile you downloaded and install it.
ln -s /usr/local/share/dotnet/dotnet /usr/local/bin
A dialog box will open asking if you want to install
xcode-select. Select install and finish the installation.
Getting WizBot Ready to Run
cd ~ && wget -N https://github.com/Wizkiller96/WizBot-BashScript/raw/1.9/linuxAIO.sh && bash linuxAIO.sh Choose
1. Download WizBot Once Installation is completed you should see the options again.
Choose Option 5 to set up your credentials according to this guide, or find and edit the
credentials.json file manually.
6 (exit) if you would like to pause. Otherwise, continue.
If you aren't seeing the six options in terminal, run
cd ~ && wget -N https://github.com/Wizkiller96/WizBot-BashScript/raw/1.9/linuxAIO.sh && bash linuxAIO.sh.
2. Run WizBot (Normally)
If you shut down the bot with
.die, it will stay offline until you manually run it again.
3. Run WizBot with Auto Restart
If you shut down the bot with
.die, it will restart automatically. To stop the bot, stop the bot proccess (close the terminal)
Option 3 will show you some more options:
1. Run Auto Restart normally without Updating.: Bot will restart on
diecommand and will not be downloading the latest build available.
2. Run Auto Restart and update WizBot.Bot will restart and download the latest build available everytime
diecommand is used.
Running with terminal closed
Create a new Session:
tmux new -s wizbot
This will create a new session named
wizbot (you can replace “wizbot” with anything you prefer, as long as you remember your session name)
Run the bot in this session. Detatch the session:
Attatching a detatched session
tmux a -t wizbot
Remember that while running with Auto Restart, closing the terminal won't stop the bot proccess. To stop the bot from terminal:
tmux kill-session -t wizbot
- Stop the bot, and make sure it is not running.
- Create a new tmux session if you are using tmux.
cd ~ && wget -N https://github.com/Wizkiller96/WizBot-BashScript/raw/1.9/linuxAIO.sh && bash linuxAIO.sh
1to update the bot with latest build available.
3to run the bot again.
Doing a clean reinstall
- Make a backup of your credentials (
- Make a backup of the database (
- Delete the WizBot folder
- Reinstall, replace the files you backed up, and run.
Help! My music isn't working!
Make sure you have the Google API Key in your
credentials.json If music still isn't working, try reinstalling ffmpeg:
brew options ffmpeg
brew install ffmpeg --with-x --with-y --with-zetc.
brew update && brew upgrade(Update formulae and Homebrew itself && Install newer versions of outdated packages)
brew prune(Remove dead symlinks from Homebrew’s prefix)
brew doctor(Check your Homebrew installation for common issues)
- Then try
brew install ffmpegagain.